Gone In 41 Seconds — Police Quick to Kill Korean Artist
Feb 24, 2008
LA HABRA, Calif. — On the afternoon of December 31, 2007, two police officers encountered Michael Cho in the parking lot of a liquor store in La Habra, a small, generally quiet city in Orange County, California. It didn’t take long for the meeting to go bad. After less than a minute the officers unleashed a barrage of bullets on the 25-year-old artist, ending his life - and setting off an ongoing cascade of protests across Southern California’s Korean American community.Computerized police logs obtained by New America Media suggest the officers quickly turned to deadly force when they confronted Cho, whom they suspected of vandalism. According to the Computer Automated Transcript documenting the incident, at 2:04 p.m. the cops contacted their dispatcher to say they’d located Cho. “Out with the subject near the liquor store,” the transcript reads. Just 41 seconds later they radioed dispatch again, this time saying they’d shot the suspect and now needed paramedics to attend to him. “Shot fired, Suspect down, Medics requested,” reads the transcript. In the aftermath of the killing, Cho’s family has publicly condemned the department, saying the officers rushed to shoot Cho, rather than using less lethal tools like pepper spray or Taser stun guns to subdue him.
“The police killed my son like a dog,” Cho’s mother, Honglan Cho, recently told the La Habra City Council. According to Shelly Lynn Kaufman, an attorney for the Cho family, the fusillade of bullets left ten holes in his body.
THE BEST PART ABOUT SHIPPING MY OWN CHARACTERS IS THAT IT WILL ALWAYS BE CANON
To donate £5 to the charity supporting the male victims of domestic abuse, text the message: MKDV46 to 70070
At first I though this was a joke
Don’t ignore this Tumblr
Yet they still do even when it’s right in their face.
People need to realize the significance of this post, because when I reblogged it it was just blank so I think some people may not understand what this is trying to say
Adopting an animal (or buying from someone close to you who has recently had puppies, kittens, etc) is not like simply going to the store and buying a toy. You do not just get to throw it away once you are done with it and it stops being cute in your eyes
This is a real living thing that has emotions, needs, and wants, not something to be thrown away when YOU are done after YOU entered at commitment to raise and care for this animal.
What’s just as bad as dumping the animal off just anywhere you want, whether it be on the side of the road or in a shelter, is that a lot of these animals end up dying after that. Animals are NOT always adopted and strays are not always picked up. Animals can get put down, run over, tortured, and a list of other things
People should really think about what they are responsible for before they bring an animal into their life
Not to mention that that animal loves you, you are his world, and when you drop him off at the shelter - or worse, in the street - you are abandoning him. He doesn’t know what he did wrong, he thinks you’ll come back, maybe you just dropped him off for a bit and you’ll come back to him.
Not only did you make a commitment, but that animal loves you and throwing them away isn’t just breaking that commitment, it’s throwing away someone who doesn’t understand why you don’t love him anymore and where you went.
This is so important. Animals are NOT toys you just can’t return them because you got bored. Think first before you buy a cute little puppy for your stupid girlfriend or sister or whatever. Okay. This just make me so mad that I can’t keep talking about it. Seriously you have no heart if you do this. Seriously
This shit pisses me off
How could you be so hateful to that poor puppy who loves you
- I started with the webcomic.
- I started with the anime.
- A friend introduced me to it.
- I saw it on Tumblr and got interested
- My first favorite character was in the Axis Trio
- My first favorite character was in the Allied Forces
- I own at least one piece of Hetalia merchandise
- one of those include the manga or DVDs
- Hetalia is my main fandom at the moment
- My favorite character is the country I currently live in!
- Hetalia has made me want to travel the world!
- I do not know who Hidakez Himaruya is
- I have memorized the canon human names for the countries
- As well as the nyotalia ones
- My icon is currently a hetalia character
- My theme is Hetalia-based
- My URL is Hetalia-based
- My favorite character has blue eyes
- or brown hair
- The female countries need more attention
- My favorite ship is M/M
- Or F/F
- Or M/F
- Hetalia was my first anime
- I have been in the Hetalia fandom for over a year
- My current favorite character is from Europe
- My current favorite character is from Asia
- My current favorite character is from North America
- My current favorite character is from Africa or Oceania
- I remember couchtalia
- I am with the religion of doitsuism
- I know all of the characters of Hetalia
- I know most of the characters of Hetalia
- I have read all of the Christmas events
- As well as the Halloween events
- I have basically read all of the webcomics so far
- I have gotten an official bandana
- My favorite Asian is China
- I have no clue who Canada is
- Prussia is awesome
- I know the names of all the pets the nations own
- I know all of the historical figures who have been in Hetalia
- I own at least one plushie
- I don’t own any merchandise
- I have yet to escape this fandom
- I got sad over Davie
- And cried
- I cried over Jeanne too
- And Old Man Fritz
- Hetalia has ruined me
- But at the same time has changed it
okay so today i got on the wrong bus to school and when i got off i started to panic and cry bc i didnt know where the hell i was and just as i was calling my mum, a lady came over. i was expecting her to ask me if i was ok and send me on my way but instead of just giving me directions she walked me all the way to school and told me the names of all the streets in case i got lost again, constantly reassuring me that i wasnt a complete idiot and not asking for anything in return and oh my god, sometimes i just love humans so much
Guys… I really need some emotional and physical help here…
This is Mia. She is an 8 month old pit bull, spayed, with all her shots. She is a big puppy, loves fetch, belly rubs, and craves attention and loves to please. She has a HUGE heart and is good with other dogs.
Mia is at risk. My mother in law adopted her as a puppy because she “wanted a cute baby” and treated her like a human baby (which if you’ve ever owned dogs you KNOW that’s not going to be healthy mentally) and the second she couldn’t be cradled in her arms she was thrown into a back yard. Now Mia is being threatened. Her life is at risk because they are threatening to dump her (and I don’t mean at a shelter). I don’t know if anyone here knows of a pit bull group I can post her in to get her a foster mommy or daddy, OR someone who could adopt her. She is in southern ca. (Ontario California). My heart is broken. We love this dog, but because our current dog (a 9 year old pit bull) is extremely dog aggressive we are not an option to even temporarily help her. Please help me save Mia. She literally just wants a family.